I got this awesome apple crisp recipe from an awesome chef lady named Victoria whom I met a few years back. She was a spiffy lady with crazy tattoos and rode motorcycles! Her recipes have never led me wrong.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
10 Cortland Apples, cored and sliced apples (or other “tart” apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
- Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
2 Large Bowls
1 9x13in baking dish (think lasagna pan)