I started playing Pokémon Go again to see what kind of Poké Stops are in Kisumu (they’re mostly churches).
I went to my first raid where the reward was a disappointing zubat.
Harry mentioned zubats are actually great for malaria mosquitoes.
We saw an ibis in the yard recently (sans beret).
We go to Clarice for dinner pretty often.
There are always a ton of lizards on the ceiling.
They’re totally gossiping about us.
Kike (“KEE-kay”, Swahili) likes to lounge in the sunny spots of our yard.
Recently I learned she can hop the fence.
Now I imagine her off to all sorts of adventures in the neighborhood.
A couple of months ago, I visited Karura Forest.
The air was refreshingly eucalyptic.
All cities should have urban forests!
I was in Nariobi for a week and decided to splurge on eating out.
- Mama Rocks
- Great burgers and shakes, lots of locations
- Silk Noodles
- Authentic Chinese noodle soups
- Taco 253
- Great tacos at the Village Market
- The Arbor Place
- Their menu rotates. I had great Malaysian food when I went
- Tasty Japanese stir fries, no vegetarian ramen though 😦
- Kesh Kesh Cafe
- Classic Ethiopian. Jess says it’s an institution in Nariobi
- Another awesome Ethiopian restaurant
Maybe we’ll add these to Harry’s list when he’s tried them.
Vinay, Eric, and I went to the Mara last weekend. We got up close to lots of animals. No epic Mara River crossing though, ’cause we’re a little early in the season.
I’m channeling Sir Rice in these doodles.