- They are a tad less sticky than regular lab tape, but still adhere well to everything from glassware to cardboard boxes.
- VMR lab markers write very well on them, as do Sharpies.
- They leave no residue when peeled off, just like regular lap tape.
- They can survive in the -4C freezer as well as 37C warm shakers. Though, if they become a little bit harder to peel if left in the warm room (still won’t leave residue). I haven’t tested the tape in -80C freezers.
- They have beautiful patterns.
- Washi tapes are a bit sheer. It’s harder to cover up text in the background.
Overall, I think it’s delightful to use washi tape in lab. It’s a small, neat combination of science and crafts. One look at the oxalis design, and you’ll know those plates are mine.