I had a short stint running a blog for my biology-inspired projects, called Iron Chef SynBio.
Since it hasn’t been updated in years, I’ve decided to archive it, and migrate all the posts here.
There were three especially cool projects on Iron Chef SynBio:
- a Ruby gem to read DNA chromatogram (.ab1) files
- 3D Print Protein Models from the Protein Data Bank
- create 3D printable ribbon models of proteins using their x-ray crystallography structure data
- Draw Biological Circuit Diagrams using Graphviz
- an easy text-based way to draw biological circuit diagrams