Last but not least of our Burning Man adventures, in no particular order:
- We went to the Temple. It was full of memorabilia of loved ones recently passed. I was not expecting that. It was a stark contrast to the rest of Burning Man. The ambiance was sad and heavy. The burning of the Temple on the last day must be very carthartic.
- Wandering about elsewhere, we were given jello shots with cherries, symbolic of our first time at Burning Man.
- We also sampled the most refreshing banana orange smoothie, after a long walk.
- I stopped by the Cascading Trading Post, where you spin a wheel, open a draw, and leave something if you take something.
- We found Narwhalia, a camp that hosted a lot of activities like discussions about Narwhal genetics and Narwhal parade.
- Sand dodgeball happened every night.
- We learned to build tin can stoves.
- There was an awesome roller disco rink.
Overall, our first time at Burning Man was extremely fun. Lots of love and thanks to everyone in our camp!